Today I’m going to show you how to sign up for an Epic Games account so that you can start playing Fortnite for free right now.
Fortnite is a free-to-play battle royale game, which means that you’ll probably never have to pay a single penny in order to access or play the game online.
This is currently one of the most popular multiplayer games on the planet, you may have heard about it already, but you first need to create an account before you can start playing (having fun killing players from all around the world).
The game, which allows up to 100 players to battle against each other for survival, is available for most mobile devices and platforms such as PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Windows, macOS, Nintendo Switch, and iOS (iPhone and iPad).
You probably noticed that I didn’t include Android in the list of available platforms, right? Well, that’s because Fortnite Battle Royale is still not available on Android.
However, it’s expected to be released in the next few months or weeks, maybe even sooner.
By creating an Epic Games account you’ll be able to play the game on any device, and you’ll also be able to link your accounts for cross-platform play. Linking your accounts will allow you to play Fortnite on iPhone for example, and you’ll be able to use the same account and user information to play it on PS4, or any other console you own.
Although I’m focusing on Fortnite Battle Royale, which is the free 100-player PvP mode in Fortnite, this tutorial will also be helpful for those of you who like to play PvE campaign in both the standard or deluxe edition.
Also, if you’re an Android user, you can still create an account to get notified as soon as Fortnite Battle Royale hits Google Play.
And, as an iOS user, you won’t be able to play the game on iPhone 5S, 6, 6 Plus, iPad Air, iPad Mini 2, Mini 3, or iPod Touch. Fortnite only supports iPhone SE, 6S, 7, 8, X, iPad Mini 4, iPad Air 2, and Pro.
How to Sign Up for an Epic Games Account to Play Fortnite
- Go to the account creation page.
- When you get the message that says “Do you already play Fortnite?” select one of the two available options which are “YES” and “NO”. I’ll assume you clicked or tapped “NO”.
- Click or tap on the Facebook, Google, Microsoft, Playstation, or Nintendo sign in to sign in with one of those services, or fill out the registration form.
- If you chose to sign up using the registration form select your country form the drop-down menu, enter your first and last name, display name, email address and a secure password to access your account.
- Check the box to agree to the terms of service.
- And now click or tap on “Create Account”.
- Now you’ll be redirected to the Epic Games login page. Once you’re there, click or tap on the “Sign In” button to access your account using your username and password.
- Tap or click on “Play Free Now!” to start playing.
- Also, go to your inbox to verify your account by clicking on the link in the email they send you.
How to Play Fortnite? – Basic Tutorial
Once you login to your account and start playing, your goal is to be the last player alive by either killing other players or hiding from them.
But keep in mind that you will always have to stay within the safe zone, which is constantly getting smaller as time goes by in order to stay alive. If you don’t, you’ll die and lose.
In Fortnite Battle Royale you can play alone if you want, and you can also team up with other players to form duos, or squads of no more than four players.